The MYX MOVES STREETDANCE COMPETITION is an inter highschool street dance competition aiming to showcase the different high school dance crews around NCR.
1. Qualified teams will be divided per division: All Boys, All Girls and Co-Ed.
2. Each dance crew must prepare and perform a street dance routine with a minimum length of one minute and 30 seconds (1:30).
3. The top three (3) teams per division will advance to the Division Finals.
DIVISION AND GRAND FINALS
1. The top three (3) teams will battle for the top one (1) spot of their respective divisions.
2. Each dance crew can re-use their Semi Finals street dance routine with a minimum length of one minute and 30 seconds (1:30) but a new 30-second routine is required to be incorporated in the performance for Division Finals.
3. Top one (1) team of the divisions will vie for the title "MYX MOVES STREETDANCE COMPETITION GRAND CHAMPION"
4. For the Grand Finals round, each dance crew must prepare and perform a new set of street dance routine with a length of two minutes (2:00).
5. Winners will be determined by the judges guided by the criteria of judging.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Video routines submitted with graduating students of the previous year will be accepted. Given that the substitutes for the division and grand finals are bonafide member/s of the group.
2. Teams must only perform street dance routines. A street dance routine is composed of choreographies such as; Bboy, Popping, Locking, House, Krump, Wacking, Reggae, Dancehall, Urban, Swag, Hood/Club dances, Stomping and choreographies that are deemed “street dance”.
3. Teams are strongly encouraged to be unique with their own choreography and still incorporate Hip Hop styles that will enhance their routine.
4. Utmost safety should be observed when incorporating Gymnastics and Cheerdance skills.
5. Teams are free to express theirselves through their costumes and handheld props but must not have lewd clothing or gestures during performances.
6. Routine for the video submission / elimination round must be one minute and thirty seconds (1:30).
7. Routine for the semi finals must be one minute and 30 seconds (1:30) completely new routine.
8. Routine for the division finals: semi finals routine can be re-used but an additional 30 seconds new routine must be incorporated.
9. Routine for the grand finals must be two minutes (2:00) completely new routine.
10. Teams are allowed to mix more than one song but it must not contain improper language and lyrics.
11. Teams must submit their final routine song 1 week before the competition schedule:
- Sept 24 – song submission for Semi Finals
- Oct 15 – song submission for Division and Grand Finals
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING (Eliminations, Semi Finals, Division and Grand Finals)
Creativity 55 points – Break down as follows:
- Choreography (difficulty level, musicality, effectiveness and originality) - 20 points
- Blocking, Elements and Use of stage - 20 points
- Entertainment value and appeal - 10 points
- Over all look (costume) – 5 points
Execution 45 points – Break down as follows:
- Synchronization – 25 points
- Showmanship (Confidence, Intensity, Projection and School Spirit) – 20 points
Division Finalists – Php 10,000.00 each (9 teams)
Division Champions – Php 50,000.00 each (3 teams)
Grand Finals – Php 100,000.00 (1 team)
1. Employees of ABS-CBN and all its subsidiaries including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguity or affinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
2. Teams that do not represent a particular school will not be allowed to join.
3. Teams with falsified registration details will be automatically disqualified.
4. Lewd, obscene and offensive gestures during performances.
5. Unsportmanship and disrespect to the MYX team, judges and organizing committee will be a ground for disqualification.